Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bible Study



I want to do right Daddy
Guilty though I am
Ten years in prison
My sentence
Assault
Jail
Extended supervision too
Three counts
And a felony
I know what I did was wrong
Enticing the young things
I met at the Baptist Church
Touching the preteen girls
Once or twice a week
Charming them
In their homes
At Camp Joy
Or in the back of church
During Bible study
Some say I am cunning
And manipulative
A liar at heart
You may look at me
And say I deceived you
Masquerading as a man of God
Me?  What about me you ask?
The other first person in this narrative. 
I look at you and know the toll
Will play out for many years to come
It's only been fifteen days now
When you write you say I'm pretty
Or cute or adorable
I cringe because when I look
In the mirror I see you in my reflection
Apologizing for what you did
Accepting your actions as wrong
Facing the consequences
Whatever they may be
Remorseful and regretful
And behind bars
Me? I'm left messed up
No healing comes from exclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment