Saturday, January 24, 2015

Smoldering

Shhhhh
Let you in a a little secret
The promised land
Is here
Right before us
It's been here all along
Staring at you
In jeweled mockery
Some days
Tis the secret
Digging deeper into myself
Finding out who I am
I've always been here
Smoldering
Unwavering
No longer elusive
Why was I waiting to win the lottery
Or lose the weight
Or get my ducks in a row?
Ancestral baggage follows
When you turn sixteen
You can get your license
When you're eighteen
Time to vote
Age twenty one
Time to drink baby
When do I lose my virginity
Get engaged
Marry
Have a baby
Or two
Or three
When?
The clock is ticking
Smoldering
When can I be happy?
When I'm older, if I'm good,
Christmas is coming
Maybe in your birthday
Later
We have to be patient
Well fuck patience
Fuck another passage in my life
What do I have to look forward to?
Retirement?
Death?
Cancer?
I'm good enough now
Happiness is within me
I'm happy now
And still
And sacred
At peace
Unplugging from mass consciousness
Dancing naked in the rain
Smoldering yet into tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment