Sunday, January 4, 2015

Spirit Hear Me

Hopi rain bird spirit
Hear my cries
Bring forth a life worth living
Hopi sun and cloud Kachina
I lift her fears to you
Bring her peace and days of sunshine
Hopi rain bird spirit
Thank you for your blessings
Your abundance great
All over the earth
From the turtles of the Pueblo
Isleta Pueblo rain birds too
Showering joys upon your troubled mind
The Hohokam load carrier visits
Arm in arm with the Apache
And the Sun Chiefs of the Pueblo
The water serpents swim
In ceremonial unison
While Miembres Deer eat any vegetation
They can find
The gambel quail adorn my pottery
The dinner plate where I lift my fork
Used to the way I am
Yet hard to hold back the river
Such is the paradox in which we live
Acoma Pueblo pictures comfort me
Ancient Hohokam birds fly
Some without wings
Water birds pecking for food
In the Rio Grande river
Crickets chirp
Dragonflies appear
One must always know
What one wants
Growth
I hear the Hohokam flute playing
Summoning joy
Omens are good
My soul immortal
Mythology and religion unite
Deviating from conformity
Chief Seattle I am here
"There is no death...only a change
Of worlds."
Oh great sun!
Oh great moon! 
Emissaries of my spirit.
Surely we would perish without you
Givers of life
Keepers of the night
Father Sky
Mother Earth
I bow before you
Not as idol gods
But as keepers of harmony
And balance of life
Among all kingdoms
Catfish
Grasshopper
Owl
Fish
Pigeon
Buffalo
Bear
I feel your strength
San Ildefonso water birds
Santa Domingo Pueblo goats
Aztec parrots
Miembres ram
Eagles
Your flamboyant gaze
From the heavens
Gives me strength
And fortitude on this new day
New year
Alpha
Omega
Yin
Yang
Life
Death
Inspiring me
So I may live
And give
Forgiveness
The earth red
Mingles with the black
And the white
Shaping my dreams
Hanging them on lonely clouds
Just out of reach
For if realized
All would be disappointment
And I want to go on living
At least until the end of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment