Sunday, January 4, 2015

Yesterday

I don't give a shit about
The clothes you wear
Dad's rags
Chantilly lace
Black Converse
A rhinestone cross
I love you as much as I
Loved you yesterday
Through the looking glass
I see life in me
Doing my magic
Feeling better than I have
In my entire life
Pouring out of me
The rabbit within me
Celebrating
No longer dating a ghost
Or gazing at the green light
At the end of the dock
That one in fiction
Can't lose her again
The ventilator breathes
Though it's my fight
Teddy has been ripped away
It needs to be over
Though I'm still here
Looking back at me
Dancing between arrivals
Departures
Standbys
Promising you we'll move
In the same direction
Inconvenient to have
Fallen in love
Torn in half
The beauty of life
Winning
And losing
The time has come
To discover
Where I belong

No comments:

Post a Comment