Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Caged Bird

I am awake
I cannot sleep
I dream of you
I'm in this deep
Long ago
You whispered here
opened up
And didn't fear
We had it all
One time long ago
I spoke to you
I let you know
You promised once
We'd still be friends
The sun has set
This is the end
This is the end
I know it is
Holding you
Hers and his
And now I'm here
And you are gone
The desert weeps
I trudge along
My steps are heavy
Soul is dark
We lost our window
Extinguished spark
I said I'm sorry
She did forgive
But I am dead
So you may live
I give to you
Over and over again
No longer lovers
No longer friends
I cry at night
In my dreams
Expected fantasies
Or so it seems
My soul is broken
Heart is trashed
Affinities lasting
They will outlast
Suffocate my spirit
Let me rest
Unchain my longing
Buttons come undressed
Peeking through the window
The window in your eyes
I don my mask
Cast down the marital lies
Can't stop feeling
Sometimes I'm even numb
Can't stop grieving
Becoming so undone
Spinning circles
In the air
Just hold me tightly
Fingers through my hair
Don't want to settle
Just want to feel
Love me love me
Confirm that this is real
So the next night I am sleeping
You are next to me
Caressing my body
Letting me be free
Letting me fly free
Letting me fly
Free

No comments:

Post a Comment