Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Dearest Pet

When I forget that which is love
I am afraid
Fearing everything
Afraid to let go
Fully embracing my womanhood
Is that which I desire
Loving
And being loved
Every once in a while
I slip into patterns of normalcy
Growing despondent
And insecure
Clutching onto the teddy bear I had
As a child
Oh to be that child
Rocking in the mustard - colored rocking
Chair
Clinging to my mom
When I was sick
And couldn't sleep
I am all grown now
And I still need that touch
The touch from you that says
I love you and I understand
I will be here as long as you need me
I hear you say
Please say it over and over
Until I believe
I want to believe
But sometimes the dust gets in my eyes
I will sleep well tonight
I know you are holding me
Rocking me slowly
Then faster
The syncopated rhythm
We know so well
Make me come Master
Please can I come?

No comments:

Post a Comment