Monday, March 17, 2014

Hauntings

Sometimes I stay up all night,
Thinking of how your hands sometimes bother you,
Or how lonely you must be no longer living in California.
I'd think about how long I'd probably wait,
Just to have the chance to hold you,
Cry in your arms
And tell you that I really loved you
They say when you fall for someone
They'll be the one you'll keep coming back to for the rest of your life

So I hope years from now
When you are sitting in a cafe
And you are writing and reading the morning paper
You'll look up
And I'll be standing at your table,
With your cup of hot chocolate and your unedited manuscripts
And you'll smile at me,
Because the day your wife forgave me
Was the day I never left

And sometimes I stay up at night,
Wondering if that day will ever come
Or if I deserve your love and adoration
And friendship
I only hope I get the chance
To be forgiven
Because when I look at you,
There's something about the way
You're looking at me.




No comments:

Post a Comment