Monday, March 10, 2014

Release

My curly hair swirls over his chest and face
Perched on the edge of the hotel bed,
Gripping the headboard for support
I'd let my paramour lead me into the early evening
We would start the physical intimacy
On the bed,
Scoot over to the small desk,
Whisk over to the settee in our junior suite,
And into the bathroom tub. 
Best of all was this granite bath
With the hot water and mint - rosemary
Scented bath salts
Then his conscience sets in--
the mechanical drone of his wife's voice
Leaving no room for his newfound affection
Falling yet no spot for his feet to stand
Slippery when wet
Covering up with a towel
Our natural indiscretions
Wrapped up in heated towels
Learning early
That feeling can be painful
Friendship can fail when the primordial
Nature runs amok
I put on my pjs and lie prostrate
Under the cool sheets
You tuck me in
Kiss me on the forehead
And hold me for a while
Until I feel whole again
Silently helping me for as long as it takes
Still sobbing, you breath into my mouth
Helping me regain my inner strength
I vow to not be encouraged by your advances again
I'm sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment