Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dotted Line

Going to be brighter days
Keep my head up
Hard to understand
And accept
But I have no choice
It's out of my hands
And he's a sorry son of a bitch
Who promised me I had not
Crossed the line
And that we'd be friends
Forever
Until death separated one of us
And even then we'd still be united
If this is what it feels like when you're dead
I don't want it
Cut me lose before I collapse.
If I were to meet you in person
I'd slap you
Until you grabbed me
Pinned my arms behind my back
And made love to me
But life ain't like a noir
With open doors and rainy landscapes
In real life people get hurt
And in my head I pictured fucking you
I don't blame you
Thank you for some beautiful conversations
And for the chance to discover what I needed to know
While at times I fantasized about you making love to me
I know you'd always be a gentleman
And by the time you felt you knew me enough to try
I knew you well enough to know I didn't want you to.
I respect myself, you, and your spouse.
Is that cruel?
You're a fucking basted
And I will always love you. 
Please forgive me Leslie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment