Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Used on Craigslist

 
 
I'm just a dot;
A useless dot upon the floor
A dust bunny beneath the table
Under the foot stools you bought
on Craig's List
Gently used
Full of hair
And urine from the other family's dog
Baxter was his name I think
These stools frequent your living room
Just as I used to frequent your heart
The heart you took advantage of
Robbing me of my youth
My innocence
My small-town girl charm
I guess in a way, in a big way
I let you down too
Acquiescing to your persuasion
Leaning in a bit too much in my
Low-cut bathing suit
Wanting your attention
Your love
Your friendship
When what I was looking for
Needed to come within
My serendipitous soul
I still hurt
As do you
And your wife
I believe healing will come
I am hopeful
That's all I have left
Oh intangible hope
I long to hold you
And touch your scars
Weep in your arms
Rekindle our love
That is one of friendhip
And tell you how sorry I am
For letting myself
Fall
For
You

No comments:

Post a Comment