Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sara Smiles

Relishing sunlight
On my skin
If only for a moment
Today is a good day
And you
Oh sweet friend
Helped if only a little
Is it wrong for me to have hope?
Hope for a friendship
Stronger than before
Afraid to open my heart
And unbutton my blouse
One button at a time
Breaking free from a winter
Of below - average temperatures
Forecasters call for a considerable
Amount of wind
Enough to tousel my hair
I do live in Wisconsin you know
Mercury remains frozen
At least for now
Dipping
Below his belt
With warming trends unlikely
I won't go there again
Blowing on your denim pants
As you drive through the desert
Idling down to 40
And adjusting my carburetor
This year the cold air
Ended up here in Wisconsin
Iowa too
When normally it would end up in Siberia
Will we ever break free from the
Wintry mix
Swirling around us
Us in the fog
That's a funny word
Us
Fog is funny too
I giggle
Taking life with a grain of salt
Being patient
Guarded
My blouse stays buttoned now
Would it have then?
Mother Nature can be cruel
Air from the Arctic flows in
Reaching this far south
The sun penetrates my skin
It feels right
This crush as you call it
Relatively warmer today
Enjoying the sun
And the fog
And thoughts of us
Rekindled
Chance of an early spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment