Sunday, February 9, 2014

Redemption

Despite a packed house
And laughter at my lines
My soul feels crushed
Heart is frail
What did I do wrong
In her eyes?
Can I have a second chance?
Please may I have a second chance?
My intentions are pure
Like the glistening snow
Beneath my window
I long for that opportunity
And will not disappoint
With a stranger such as he
Perhaps he did not communicate
That which crossed the line
Now that I know
Or I guess I can surmise
That which you need
I can be the righteous one
If he should feel weak
I can be the righteous one should he be tempted
Please take responsibility
And fight for our friendship,
Once you are able to
A friendship
I don't know if it will ever be possible
It will need to be repaired on so many levels
One with clear boundaries
Let me know redemption
Lost my will to fight
I don't think it's the Spotted Cow within me
I am yours.  I pray that I am not among the wicked
I question my morality each day
Tonight Job and I spent some time
Together
Let me be reborn
In thine image 
The Lord watcheth over me
If the path of destruction is far away,
Why is the annihilation so near?

No comments:

Post a Comment