Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wake Up Goblin


Snow is melting here,
Turning to grey slush.
But the theatre scene is vibrant
Kitschy musical ambience
Flooding the auditorium with
Notes from "You Make me feel like a natural woman."
From the terrace window
Looking in
There is a lone woman
And a lone man
Sitting at the kitchen table
With a plate of cold chicken
Between them
Together but apart
With a roller coaster
Of experiences and interactions
And miscommunication--
Impatience and prejudices
Around them too
They did share a child
One child
Who possessed the inclination to
Grow up as a fool
Her mother's distorted wish
I waited outside
Among the shadows until I was sure
She was safe
If he found out,
Tom would be mad
I needed to protect her
If need be
I was willing to wait all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment