Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Peripheral Neropathy

Indelible mark I say-
But not quite in that poignant way.
The way I imagined very dear-
Fantasizing that you were near.
Holding you close as friends do-
Stroking my hair and getting me through.
It's the married part that helps define-
That which is yours and that which is mine.
Strangers online connecting hearts-
Both parties giving each other
respite from the dark.
Like a savior you came when I needed you the most-
And now circumstantially crucified
With sins and nothing to boast.
My hands they tingle now as do my feet-
Burning damage and pain not obsolete.
I guess I learned my lesson
Lots of them in fact-
It's unfortunate though
Because there's no going back.
I too miss the friendship; I miss it the most-
The other "sexy" stuff dissipates
Like Nina Dousman's burning hair
The Villa Louis ghost.
I saw her once from the front parlor window
Her hair on fire
Bright flaming and red-
But as one knows appearances can
Deceiving
And for all intents and purposes
The neuropathy signals I must be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment